Version 2.0 updated September 2018
Arova recognises the importance of protecting your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the “Act”) as well as other relevant legislation.
Personal Information we collect from you
- We only collect from you the information that is necessary and relevant to our relationship with you, including to enable Arova to provide you the best possible service, customer experience or to answer your queries. “Personal information” has the meaning given to that term in the Act. Personal information generally includes any information that can be used to personally identify you.
- When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
- We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, business name, ABN, payment information (including credit card numbers, PayPal account email, AfterPay account, email address, and phone number as well as the products and services you have browsed on our website. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
Unsolicited Personal Information
From time to time we may receive personal information about you that we have not requested or taken steps to come to know. In these circumstances, we only hold onto such information where the information is necessary in our dealings with you. If you we determine that the information received is not reasonably necessary or directly related to our dealings with you, we will de-identify or destroy the information as soon as it is practicable without notifying you to protect your privacy.
Why we collect your personal information
There are various reasons why we might need to collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information and this will depend upon the specific services that we are providing to you but we will tell you the main reason for asking for your personal information at the time when we ask you to provide it.
Usually, the main reason that we will need to collect your personal information will be relating to a service that we are providing to you or are about to provide to you and for contacting you in relation to those services. Our main services include the sale and delivery of goods; providing a forum for product and service reviews and feedback; providing information and responding to queries in relation to our goods and services; facilitating online chat; processing of warranties and coordinating the installation of goods.
We may also use your personal information for other reasons, including:
- To contact you in relation to an event, special offer or product that you might be interested in;
- Preventing fraud and other criminal activities;
- To assist us to run our business and to improve our services and performance, including staff training, accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development, developing new products and services and undertaking planning, research and statistical analysis; and
- To comply with our legal obligations.
There is no obligation for you to provide us with any of your personal information but if you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide the information, goods or services that you require.
How do we collect your personal information
We may collect your personal information:
- When access and use our website;
- During conversations with our team members;
- When you complete purchase orders, registrations, enquiries about our products and services
- When you communicate with us directly (by email, LiveChat, telephone, direct mail or any other means);
Information is automatically collected through your use of the Arova website through cookies. Cookies are small text files that websites place on your computer or device. Most often, cookies are used to recognise repeat users of websites and remember user preferences or track usage behavior and aggregate data to allow Arova to customise your experience on our websites.
We will always collect your personal information directly from you unless it is impracticable to do so. This would usually be done through the website when you elect to disclose your personal information to us for a particular purpose.
How do we use and disclose your personal information
We may use and disclose your Order Information for the purposes for which it was collected or for a related purpose such as:
- To provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- To communicate with you, including about products and services, special offers which might interest you;
- To address your queries and provide you with information or advice;
- To create orders, transaction records, agreement for the sale of products and services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- To our third party service providers that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and online payment gateways;
- To facilitate product reviews and to seek your feedback in relation to particular products, customer satisfaction and our relationship with you and to manage any customer complaints;
- To facilitate product reviews and to seek your feedback in relation to particular products, customer satisfaction and our relationship with you and to manage any customer complaints; and
- To use in direct marketing or promotion.
We may use and disclose your Device Information for the purposes for which it was collected or for a related purpose such as:
- To our third party service providers to assist us in providing and improving our services to you, and to analyse trends in sales and better understand your needs or to develop, improve and market our products and services to you
- Carry our administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, quality control and research to improve the way Arova and its related service providers provide products and service to you; and
- To comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities;
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
- We use Shopify to power our online store - you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We use Australia Post and other carriers such as CouriersPlease, TransDirect and TNT to fulfill the delivery of goods.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Changes To This Policy
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 16.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Arova Kitchens & Bathrooms
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
10 Goodyear Dr
Thomastown VIC 3074